Languaging with Haskell and Python
A brief map of readings:
- Imperative Programming: lessons not learnt : Central ideas of programming that the mainstream has, and yet is slow to pick up
- OOP is the largest snake-oil business and also the biggest mess.
We dont need no OOOOO Orientation is a starting point for debunking the rubbish.
[Earlier ones here and here and here ]
- The lost booty gives a few of the basic features of classic functional programming that are getting obscured by the modern craze for type-hackery. In this course we intend to redress this balance.
- FP is a more sane paradigm than the others but is not without some philosophical issues.
- This course will be more pictorial than similar courses – featuring pics, mindmaps and animations.
- For those wanting a taste of the general philosophy of the course:
- CS education is fat and weak (best read along with prequel ) give a summary view of my experiences and outlook regarding CS/programming education.
- If the usual grading scheme is taken to be one-dimensional (A,B,C,D,F grades), what would a 3-dimensional education be like? I wrote 3-dimensional education when I was at the university and it was targeted at grading. It however also carries the ideas of how to conduct in a 3-d way